Thursday, December 23, 2010

4th - 6th Sorrows of Our Lady



While the world encourages us to get out of our suffering, Jesus Christ wants us to regard every suffering as super-naturally fruitful, either for me or for another individual. It's a mystical process of the release of God's grace. Jesus Christ is inviting us to imitate Mother Mary, to be a co-redemptorist.


http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=DY7P6PNX

I'm becoming curious with the spirituality of Our Lady of Sorrows. Before the labyrinth walk during the CCD Retreat, I asked God to tell me why Fr Anselm had said that my relationship with my mum is an unhealthy one. What's the role of my mum in my life?
After the labyrinth walk, when I returned to the hut, the first thing that caught my eyes was a wooden picture of Mother Mary at the foot of the cross when Jesus was crucified. I asked Sr, "What does that picture show?" She replied, "It's Our Lady of Sorrows." (whose spirituality was adopted by the Canossians Convent)
Perplexed...

No comments: